Why Python 3?

Rick Johnson rantingrickjohnson at gmail.com
Sat Apr 19 10:41:21 EDT 2014

On Friday, April 18, 2014 10:28:05 PM UTC-5, Anthony Papillion wrote:
> Hello Everyone,
> So I've been working with Python for a while and I'm starting to take
> on more and more serious projects with it. I've been reading a lot
> about Python 2 vs Python 3 and the community kind of seems split on
> which should be used.
> Some say 'Python 3 is the future, use it for everything now' and other
> say 'Python 3 is the future but you can't do everything in it now so
> use Python 2'.
> What is the general feel of /this/ community? I'm about to start a
> large scale Python project. Should it be done in 2 or 3? What are the
> benefits, aside from the 'it's the future' argument?

Python 3000 is the direct result of a hubris that even
surpasses Hitler's boneheaded attempt to fight the war on two
fronts. Yes, most of us agree that the changes are "positive
evolution" HOWEVER, are these minor repairs REALLY worth
polarizing a vibrant community and causing Python's
propagation to stagnate?

    HELL NO!

Who would want to choose Python for a scripting language for
their project when EVEN the community cannot agree on which
version is best to use? But even *IF* every respected member
was a total "high-knee smooching tool" of GvR parroting off
that "Python 3000 is the best!", we cannot ignore the
functionality concerns that will result from choosing
between 2x or 3x.

    NOBODY IS ACTIVELY CHOOSING PYTHON ANYMORE FOLKS!

Python is destined to destroy itself internally JUST like
the American society is currently destroying itself, and
what a travesty, since Python was the shining light of what
a program should be.

    THE REVOLUTION WILL NOT BE TELEVISED!

Python is set to become extinct because GvR bought his time
machine AFTER infecting the code base with a print
statement -- thanks Guido, thanks for everything! Maybe next
time you should consider buying bean stalk beans instead!