Ostracising bad actors (was: Teaching python to non-programmers)

Ben Finney ben+python at benfinney.id.au
Thu Apr 10 23:28:31 EDT 2014

"Rhodri James" <rhodri at wildebst.org.uk> writes:

> Sorry your post was the straw to break the camel's back this week, but
> it is a complete pain to the rest of us. I have more than once
> considered getting my reader to automatically discard anything with
> "@googlegroups.com" in the message ID just to reduce the aggravation.

I passed that threshold long ago. Posts that come to my Usenet client
via Google Groups are automatically marked for deletion.

I strongly recommend everyone do the same; and also to lobby for (and
support) alternative Usenet interfaces which don't mangle the messages.

--
 \     “You know what would make a good story? Something about a clown |
  `\    who makes people happy, but inside he's real sad. Also, he has |