[OFF-TOPIC] How do I find a mentor when no one I work with knows what they are doing?

James Brewer james at brwr.org
Tue Apr 8 15:45:59 EDT 2014

I'm in the Bay Area and I did actually go to a Django meetup yesterday in
SF where there were talks revolving around large-scale Django applications.
It was very informative. :)

On Tue, Apr 8, 2014 at 10:16 AM, Joel Goldstick <joel.goldstick at gmail.com>wrote:

> Check meetup.com. I live in nyc where there are django, python groups.
> Maybe where you live too
> On Apr 8, 2014 12:45 PM, "Steven D'Aprano" <
> steve+comp.lang.python at pearwood.info> wrote:

>> > In corporate, yes, it's rare. But it's a lot less rare in open source
>> > projects. I could go into my theories as to why, but it'd make for a
>> > long post.
>>
>> http://michaelochurch.wordpress.com/2012/04/13/java-shop-politics/
>>

>> --
>> Steven D'Aprano
>> http://import-that.dreamwidth.org/
>> --

*James Brewer*
*http://www.brwr.org/ <http://www.brwr.org/>*

*Software Engineer @ RealScout | What is RealScout?
<http://vimeo.com/72791570>*

*Twitter* *twitter.com/jamesbrwr <http://twitter.com/jamesbrwr>*
*GitHub* *github.com/brwr* <http://github.com/brwr>
*StackOverflow** stackoverflow.com/users/2052923/james-brewer
<http://stackoverflow.com/users/2052923/james-brewer>*
*LinkedIn* *linkedin.com/in/jamesbrwr <http://linkedin.com/in/jamesbrwr>*

→ *M**y favorite RealScout search is Modern & High-Tech Homes in Atherton
<https://kendeleon.realscout.com/categories/modern-high-tech?utf8=%E2%9C%93&loc=Atherton>*