[OFF-TOPIC] How do I find a mentor when no one I work with knows what they are doing?

Chris Angelico rosuav at gmail.com
Tue Apr 8 13:18:26 EDT 2014

On Wed, Apr 9, 2014 at 2:44 AM, Steven D'Aprano

>>> A utopia very few will ever find.
>>
>> In corporate, yes, it's rare. But it's a lot less rare in open source
>> projects. I could go into my theories as to why, but it'd make for a
>> long post.
>
> http://michaelochurch.wordpress.com/2012/04/13/java-shop-politics/

Yeah, that goes into several of the reasons I would have been saying.

It also has some great quotes.
"""
C++ exists because someone had a fever dream in which these two
classes of vehicles got mixed up and thought, “I’m going to put wings
on a [bleep] tank”.
"""

ChrisA