Python streaming media server

Steven D'Aprano steve+comp.lang.python at pearwood.info
Sat Apr 5 22:10:07 EDT 2014

On Sat, 05 Apr 2014 18:51:58 -0700, Wesley wrote:

> 在 2014年4月6日星期日UTC+8上午1时38分57秒,Sturla Molden写道:
>> Wesley <nispray at gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> >   Anyone knows open source streaming media server written by Python?
>> >
>> > I am trying to setup a streaming media server in python, wanna find
>> > an existing one and have a look.
>>

>> Not open source, but there is a famous closed-source one called
>> YouTube.
>
> Are you kidding?
> I know youtube, but do you think we can use it setup our own streaming
> media server?

I'm sure if you have a few hundreds of million dollars, you could buy
YouTube from Google. Otherwise, no. It is secret, proprietary software,
not available to anyone else.

Speaking of Google, did you try this?

https://www.google.com.au/search?q=python+streaming+video

Does that help?

Unfortunately, Google customizes the search results depending on who you
are and where you are, so you may not see what I see. But for me, the top
link (after the paid ads) is for a Python video streaming server.

--
Steven D'Aprano
http://import-that.dreamwidth.org/