Explanation of this Python language feature? [x for x in x for x in x] (to flatten a nested list)

Ben Finney ben+python at benfinney.id.au
Sat Apr 5 02:01:21 EDT 2014

Mark H Harris <harrismh777 at gmail.com> writes:

> On 4/5/14 12:02 AM, Ian Kelly wrote:
> > A fork is undesirable because it fragments the community.  I don't
> > think "fear" or "panic" are the right words for it.
>
>    Yes. I get that.

So, you get that “fear” and “panic” are not the right words to
characterise the undesirability Ian describes.

Did you use those words anyway, despite knowing they're not the right
words to use?

Or did you think they were the right words to use, and now you've
changed your position? I don't see where that happened, so I'm confused.

Or do you still think they are the correct words to use, but now wish to
distance yourself from that position?

This may seem trivial, but I'm trying to get a handle on what it is you
mean to communicate, when your stated position in one message conflicts
with your stated position only a few messages earlier.

--
 \     “Pinky, are you pondering what I'm pondering?” “I think so, but |
  `\          where will we find an open tattoo parlor at this time of |