Explanation of this Python language feature? [x for x in x for x in x] (to flatten a nested list)

Mark H Harris harrismh777 at gmail.com
Sat Apr 5 01:37:36 EDT 2014

On 4/5/14 12:02 AM, Ian Kelly wrote:
> A fork is undesirable because it fragments the community.  I don't
> think "fear" or "panic" are the right words for it.

    Yes. I get that. I think what is desired (just thinking out loud
from my own vantage point) is a unified community, but also a foundation
of perceived permanence. The PSF establishes this to a certain extend,
as well the PEP process, and to some extent the communities willingness
to support two interpreters. It looks like C python is here to stay; I
can count on it for my projects years into the future.