Code style query: multiple assignments in if/elif tree

David Hutto dwightdhutto at gmail.com
Tue Apr 1 03:21:10 EDT 2014

u is the initial velocity from a starting/resting point, not a static speed
at that point, and begins to accelerate,
over a particular timeframe, in which it's momentum is not stopped by
friction on which the rails/environment it travels upon has, or the similar
properties the object might have during acceleration in relation to the
environment it travels within.

So the object has a starting point at which there is no equal, or opposing
force, as it begins to accelerate from a resting position(Newton: an object
will remain in motion, until acted upon  by an equal or opposite force, and
in this case the motion is propulsion of the object, or the newtons of
propulsion, until it is moving at the exact speed of the propulsion applied
to the object->Vo-V1, with 0 friction/viscosity during this timeframe).

The difference in our opinions, seems to be that there is an initial
resting state, and not at an already accelerated motion that has reached
it's maximum capacity.

So there is a dynamic in my mind's eye, where the object is at a "resting"
point initially, and either the environment, or the object can maneuver
their own viscosity in relation to the other.

On Tue, Apr 1, 2014 at 2:39 AM, Ian Kelly <ian.g.kelly at gmail.com> wrote:

> >> u is the initial velocity; v is the velocity after accelerating at a for
> >> time t.
> >

> > This assumes that the viscosity is in a state of superfluidity, and in a
> > perfect state between itself, and it's traveling environment.
>
> I fail to see how this is relevant.  I would assume that the amount of
> friction is already modeled in the acceleration constants; if it were
> zero then the brakes would be nonfunctional and the train would not be
> able to accelerate or decelerate at all.  In any case, a change in
> friction simply works out to a change in acceleration.  The equations
> above still hold true.
> --

Best Regards,
David Hutto