Code style query: multiple assignments in if/elif tree

Ian Kelly ian.g.kelly at gmail.com
Tue Apr 1 02:39:47 EDT 2014

On Tue, Apr 1, 2014 at 12:24 AM, David Hutto <dwightdhutto at gmail.com> wrote:

>> > Okay, what's u here? Heh.
>>
>> u is the initial velocity; v is the velocity after accelerating at a for
>> time t.
>

> This assumes that the viscosity is in a state of superfluidity, and in a
> perfect state between itself, and it's traveling environment.

I fail to see how this is relevant.  I would assume that the amount of
friction is already modeled in the acceleration constants; if it were
zero then the brakes would be nonfunctional and the train would not be
able to accelerate or decelerate at all.  In any case, a change in
friction simply works out to a change in acceleration.  The equations
above still hold true.