Barcode printing

Ben Finney ben+python at benfinney.id.au
Sun Sep 29 23:41:15 EDT 2013

Ben Finney <ben+python at benfinney.id.au> writes:

> "Joseph L. Casale" <jcasale at activenetwerx.com> writes:
>
> > I need to create some type of output, preferably pdf, which is an
> > array of 2 across by 8 long of one custom barcode label with some
> > other text components oriented around the barcode.
>
> The Reportlab library is a powerful PDF-creation library for Python
> <URL:https://pypi.python.org/pypi/reportlab>.

If that's a bit heavyweight (and confusing; it's not all free software,
since some of it is under non-free license terms), there are other
options.

pyBarcode <URL:http://pythonhosted.org/pyBarcode/> says it's a
pure-Python library that takes a barcode type and the value, and
generates an SVG of the barcode.

--
 \     “[W]e are still the first generation of users, and for all that |
  `\      we may have invented the net, we still don't really get it.” |