Barcode printing

Ben Finney ben+python at benfinney.id.au
Sun Sep 29 20:47:19 EDT 2013

"Joseph L. Casale" <jcasale at activenetwerx.com> writes:

> I need to create some type of output, preferably pdf, which is an
> array of 2 across by 8 long of one custom barcode label with some
> other text components oriented around the barcode.

The Reportlab library is a powerful PDF-creation library for Python
<URL:https://pypi.python.org/pypi/reportlab>.

It has a library for creating barcodes in various formats and rendering
them along with the PDF document. Here is an article describing this
<URL:http://www.blog.pythonlibrary.org/2013/03/25/reportlab-how-to-create-barcodes-in-your-pdfs-with-python/>.

--
 \        “With Lisp or Forth, a master programmer has unlimited power |
  `\     and expressiveness. With Python, even a regular guy can reach |