UnicodeDecodeError: 'utf-8' codec can't decode byte 0xb6 in position 0: invalid start byte

Νίκος nikos.gr33k at gmail.com
Sun Sep 29 12:06:29 EDT 2013

Στις 29/9/2013 5:19 μμ, ο/η Chris Angelico έγραψε:
> On Sun, Sep 29, 2013 at 9:25 PM, Νίκος <nikos.gr33k at gmail.com> wrote:
>> superhost.gr.   14400   IN      MX      0       superhost.gr.
>>
>> mail    14400   IN      CNAME   superhost.gr.
>>
>> As for the mail iam afrid it outputs this:
>> Code:
>> Warning MX CNAME Check  WARNING: CNAME was returned for the following MX
>> records:
>> mail.superhost.gr
>> The CNAME(s) that were returned are listed above. This is not ok per the
>> RFCs and can cause problems including mail being lost!
>> Error   MX A request returns CNAME      WARNING: MX records points to a
>> CNAME. CNAMEs are not allowed in MX records, according to RFC974, RFC1034
>> 3.6.2, RFC1912 2.4, and RFC2181 10.3. The problem MX record(s) are:
>> mail.superhost.gr points to ['superhost.gr']
>
> Once again, you are posting code and errors that don't go with each
> other. Your MX record does not point to mail.superhost.gr but to
> superhost.gr itself. This makes it extremely difficult to help you.
> EXTREMELY.
>
> Two options: Either edit your bind file manually OR use some other
> tool for viewing and editing it. If the latter, the bindfile is
> utterly meaningless - look at the other tool. If the former, I would
> rewrite your zone file like this:
>
> -- cut --
> $TTL 14400
> @   86400   IN      SOA     ns1.superhost.gr.       nikosgr33k.gmail.com.  (
>                                                  2013092903 ;Serial Number
>                                                  86400 ;refresh
>                                                  7200 ;retry
>                                                  3600000 ;expire
>                                                  86400   )
>
> @   86400   IN      NS      ns1
> @   86400   IN      NS      ns2
>
> @   IN      A       84.200.17.58
>
> @   IN      MX      0 @
>
> mail    IN      CNAME   @
> www     IN      CNAME   @
> ftp     IN      CNAME   @
> -- cut --
>
> The changes I've made are:
> 1) Remove the massive duplication of your domain name, mainly by using
> the shorthand "@". (There are other shorthands you can use, too.)
> 2) Remove the dot from your email address. Currently your official
> address is nikos at gr33k.gmail.com which is flat-out wrong. Fortunately
> for you, Gmail will accept nikosgr33k at gmail.com no problem.
> 3) Eliding the TTLs where they're the same as your default
> 4) Removing the entry for localhost.superhost.gr which you shouldn't
> really be using - it'll only confuse matters. Use localhost as a TLD -
> that's how it's set up.
>
> Aside from #2 and #4, this shouldn't actually change your DNS records,
> but it'll make your bindfile that much easier to read and work with.
>
> Of course, if you're editing the file with some other program, don't
> do this at all. Just use that other program.
>
> ChrisA

I have tried your setup and still my webpage http://superhost.gr is not

i dont ebven have access to cPanel and WHM any more by hostname.

The via WHM i have reset the DNS Zone for superhost.gr and let it
recreate it as WHM wants it by default.

Still same error. No website appearing anymore no access to cPanel & WHM
and no ability to send or receive mail.