Handling 3 operands in an expression without raising an exception

Νίκος nikos.gr33k at gmail.com
Fri Sep 27 18:06:50 EDT 2013

Στις 27/9/2013 8:00 μμ, ο/η Grant Edwards έγραψε:
> On 2013-09-27, ?????????? <nikos.gr33k at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Sure your method follows the the logic in a straighforward way
>> step-by-step but i just dont want to spent almost 20 lines of code just
>> to calculate 2 variables(city and host).
>
> Does your provider charge you per line of code?
>
> If all that matters is the number of lines of code then use this:
>
>    city,host = 0,0
>
> Only _1_ nice short line of code.
>
> Happy?

Well to tell the truth no matter what you say to me if something can be
written in less lines than another implementation but still retain its
simplicity and straightforward logic behind it i would prefer it!
I don't know why you think otherwise, especially people who are used to
write Perl code(me being one of them) would agree with me!

But in this case i cant use your examples even if i wanted too and thats
because the strings needed to be assigned to the 2 vars respectively are
different.

city = "Άγνωστη Πόλη"
host = "Άγνωστη Προέλευση"

If they were to have the same string assigned to them it should be okey
but they do not.

Or perhaps you can even still think of writing the above into 1-liner
whatsoever!

I wouldn't be surprised if you can! :-)