Newline interpretation issue with MIMEApplication with binary data, Python 3.3.2

Chris Angelico rosuav at gmail.com
Thu Sep 26 00:32:21 EDT 2013

On Thu, Sep 26, 2013 at 2:23 PM, Nils Bunger <nilsbunger at gmail.com> wrote:
> Yes, it's email.mime.MIMEApplication. I've pasted a snippet with the imports below.
>
> I'm trying to use this to build a multi-part MIME message, with this as one part.
>
> I really can't figure out any way to attach a binary part like this to a multi-part MIME message without the encoding issue... any help would be greatly appreciate!

I partly responded just to ping your thread, as I'm not particularly
familiar with the email.mime module. But a glance at the docs suggests
that MIMEApplication is a "subclass of MIMENonMultipart", so might it
be a problem to use that for multipart??

It's designed to handle text, so you may want to use an encoder (like
the default base64 one) rather than trying to push binary data through
it.

Random ideas, hopefully someone who actually knows the module can respond.

ChrisA