Newline interpretation issue with MIMEApplication with binary data, Python 3.3.2

Nils Bunger nilsbunger at gmail.com
Thu Sep 26 00:23:21 EDT 2013

Chris,

Thanks for answering.

Yes, it's email.mime.MIMEApplication. I've pasted a snippet with the imports below.

I'm trying to use this to build a multi-part MIME message, with this as one part.

I really can't figure out any way to attach a binary part like this to a multi-part MIME message without the encoding issue... any help would be greatly appreciate!

Nils

---------

import io
from email.mime.application import MIMEApplication
from email.generator import BytesGenerator
from email.encoders import  encode_noop

app = MIMEApplication(b'Q\x0dQ', _encoder=encode_noop)
b = io.BytesIO()
g = BytesGenerator(b)
g.flatten(app)
for i in b.getvalue()[-3:]: