[Savoynet] My sorrow, that I may share it with you

Chris Angelico rosuav at gmail.com
Sun Sep 22 06:56:44 EDT 2013

On Sun, Sep 22, 2013 at 8:25 PM, Steven D'Aprano
> On Sun, 22 Sep 2013 19:32:49 +1000, Chris Angelico wrote:
>
>> On Sun, Sep 22, 2013 at 7:02 PM, Derrick McCLURE
>> <j.d.mcclure at virgin.net> wrote:
>>> Seriously, folks - a performing group which calls itself a Gilbert and
>>> Sullivan Society but doesn't perform Gilbert and Sullivan is in the
>>> same category as a fool who doesn't follify or a cock who doesn't crow,
>>> and should get the same treatment.  I believe there are lots of nice
>>> rivers in British Columbia?
>>
>> These Societies stand on a similar basis to Limited Liability Companies,
>> though. You may wind them up, you cannot conveniently put concrete
>> blocks on their feet, blow them up with dynamite, and have them land in
>> The Canal...
>
> Try this:
>
> import dirtydeeds
>
> muscle = dirtydeeds.hire()
> muscle.concrete_shoes(performance_group)
> muscle.dynamite.explode(performance_group)
> remains = muscle.collect(performance_group)
> muscle.dump(remains, "The Canal")
>

> It's not free software (free as in beer), but I'm told that it is dirt
> cheap...

I would also recommend:

del gmail

except that I haven't gotten around to finding a replacement. So I
managed instead to mix two different forms of humour (Gilbert &
Sullivan, and the Goon Show), and post it to a place that shares a
name with a third (Python)...

ChrisA