[Savoynet] My sorrow, that I may share it with you

Steven D'Aprano steve+comp.lang.python at pearwood.info
Sun Sep 22 06:25:19 EDT 2013

On Sun, 22 Sep 2013 19:32:49 +1000, Chris Angelico wrote:

> On Sun, Sep 22, 2013 at 7:02 PM, Derrick McCLURE
> <j.d.mcclure at virgin.net> wrote:
>> Seriously, folks - a performing group which calls itself a Gilbert and
>> Sullivan Society but doesn't perform Gilbert and Sullivan is in the
>> same category as a fool who doesn't follify or a cock who doesn't crow,
>> and should get the same treatment.  I believe there are lots of nice
>> rivers in British Columbia?
>
> These Societies stand on a similar basis to Limited Liability Companies,
> though. You may wind them up, you cannot conveniently put concrete
> blocks on their feet, blow them up with dynamite, and have them land in
> The Canal...

Try this:

import dirtydeeds

muscle = dirtydeeds.hire()
muscle.concrete_shoes(performance_group)
muscle.dynamite.explode(performance_group)
remains = muscle.collect(performance_group)
muscle.dump(remains, "The Canal")

It's not free software (free as in beer), but I'm told that it is dirt
cheap...

--
Steven