TypeError: only length-1 arrays can be converted to Python

D.YAN ESCOLAR RAMBAL dyeringamsa at gmail.com
Fri Sep 20 22:45:29 EDT 2013

this the code,
import math
import numexpr as ne
import matplotlib.pyplot as plt
import numpy as np
import numba as nb

M = 10
A = 10
D = 0.1
xmin = -4
xmax = 4
n = 800
tfinal = 3
tinicial = 1

# GENERANDO VECTOR CON PUNTOS DE DISCRETIZACION X ESPACIADOS
x= np.linspace(xmin, xmax, n)

#GENERANDO FUNCION ANALITICA
def Cdifuana(M,A,D,x,t):
    temp = A*math.sqrt(4*math.pi*D*t);
    Cdifuana = (M/temp)*math.exp(-x**2 /(4*D*t))

#GENERANDO CONDICION INICIAL

C=(Cdifuana(M,A,D,x,tinicial))

In this code, I try obtain graph comparative  the analytic and numerical
solution for the diffusion equation in 1D, but whe  I define  the analytic
function, run the phase, the compilator show me this message.

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "D:\Yan\Documents\Aptana Studio 3 Workspace\DIF1DMEDYER\SOLUCION
NUMERICA PARA LA ECUACION DE LA DIFUSION EN 1D DYER", line 34, in <module>
    C=(Cdifuana(M,A,D,x,tinicial))
  File "D:\Yan\Documents\Aptana Studio 3 Workspace\DIF1DMEDYER\SOLUCION
NUMERICA PARA LA ECUACION DE LA DIFUSION EN 1D DYER", line 32, in Cdifuana

--

*Gracias, cordialmente, *

*
*

*
*

*ING. YANETH ESCOLAR RAMBAL*

*HAFI Engineering & Consulting GmbH*

*CEL: + 57 3166257245*

*TEL: + 57 (1) 6508308*

*TEL: ++43 5522 77924 0*

*Fax: ++43 5522 74938*

*Dir : Cll 72f no. 113-21 Torre 5 - 604  Bogotá Colombia*

*       Muehletorplatz 4-6, A-6800 Feldkirch, Austria*

       *www.hafi.cc/en/environ_en.htm*