Print statement not printing as it suppose to

Dave Angel davea at davea.name
Sat Sep 21 00:40:04 EDT 2013

On 20/9/2013 17:57, Sam wrote:

> print("\nThe total amount required is ", total )
>

> ('\nThe total amount required is ', 3534)
>
> ===> the problem is obviously on the last print statement that is supposed to print the outut

Others have pointed out the version discrepancy.  But I'll also ask what
you're learning Python from.  If you've got a tutorial or book that uses
Python 3.x, then forget 2.x and install 3.3

If you're learning it in a class, then the instructor should already
have told you what version to use.

It is possible to install both 2.7 and 3.3, but you probably don't need
the confusion while you're learning.

--
DaveA