What minimum should a person know before saying "I know Python"

Chris Angelico rosuav at gmail.com
Fri Sep 20 12:34:32 EDT 2013

On Sat, Sep 21, 2013 at 2:28 AM, Aseem Bansal <asmbansal2 at gmail.com> wrote:
> I hope that cleared some confusion about what I wanted to ask. I wanted to gauge myself to find if I am progressing or not.

Well, based on my definition, that's easy to answer. Have you solved
problems using Python? If you have a bunch of HTML pages and you need
to get some info out of all of them by COB today, do you think "I can
do that with Python", or do you think "I can do that with sed, awk,
grep, and five levels of pipe"? The tools you use for an urgent job
will be the ones you know.

ChrisA