statsmodels.api

Josef Perktold josef.pktd at gmail.com
Tue Sep 17 20:03:21 EDT 2013

Josef Perktold <josef.pktd <at> gmail.com> writes:

> Oscar Benjamin <oscar.j.benjamin <at> gmail.com> writes:
>

> > On 17 September 2013 15:52, Josef Perktold <josef.pktd <at> gmail.com>
wrote:

> > > On the other hand, python-xy comes with MingW, and I never had any
problems
> > > compiling pandas and statsmodels for any version combination of python and
> > > numpy that I tested (although 32 bit only so far, I never set up the
> > > Microsoft sdk).
> >
> > Just out of interest: out of the box Python.org distutils is
> > incompatible with recent versions of MinGW. If Python-xy distributes
> > MinGW (and it works) then they're either creating a special patched
> > MinGW set up or patching distutils. I don't want to install Python-xy
> > myself since it'll clobber my existing Python installation but could
> > you answer the following for me:
> >
> > 1) What gcc version did Python-xy install for you?

I did a bit of homework. I didn't know about the -mno-cygwin issue since it
didn't affect me yet.

python-xy is staying below 4.6: GCC Core, G77, G++ 4.5.2 ; MingW 4.5.2.3
https://code.google.com/p/pythonxy/wiki/StandardPlugins
and has open issue on it

pandas has an open issue where a user reported problems with --mno-cygwin.

Josef