Python GUI?

Michael Torrie torriem at gmail.com
Fri Sep 20 15:49:50 EDT 2013

On 09/20/2013 12:34 PM, Metallicow wrote:
> I prefer wx over qt for these reasons. Robin works for qt now. *Funny
> isn't it...* Basically, To change qt(PySide) you need to pretty much
> need to be employed by qt, not the case with wx(is not a *For
> profit*, but you can donate.). In my opinion, in the long
> run(foreseeing from this point forward) wx will win, because anybody
> can create a popular fork. And if it is good enough, it might get
> accepted into the standard dist also.

Qt is not a company. Qt is an open source project owned and sponsored by
Digia and also Nokia, though Nokia's participation will probably be
reduced now that Microsoft has bought Nokia.  Two years ago, at least,
lots of code commits came from outside Nokia.  Now, PySide was
originally a Nokia project when they owned Qt, and I know they did have
contributions from the community.  I don't see any evidence things have
changed.

Your logical reasoning is certainly faulty on one point, however. Why
would you claim wx is forkable but PySide (or even Qt) is not?

Both are completely open source and free software (as in LGPL).