Python GUI?

Neil Cerutti neilc at norwich.edu
Fri Sep 13 15:56:15 EDT 2013

On 2013-09-13, Joe Junior <joe.fbs.junior at gmail.com> wrote:
> On 13 September 2013 15:39, John Gordon <gordon at panix.com> wrote:
>> In <76784bad-cd6d-48f9-b358-54afb2784f11 at googlegroups.com>
>> eamonnrea at gmail.com writes:
>>> they're making programming easier... by not coding as much.
>>> Oh well, guess coding is dead :(
>>
>> Pressing keys on a keyboard was never the hard part of coding.
>
> Nor the fun part.

When John Henry was a little baby,
Sittin' on his daddy's knee,
He Telneted to the server with a tiny bit of code, and said:
Emacs will be the death of me, Lord, Lord!
Emacs will be the death of me.

Well John Henry said to the captain:
Go on and bring your toolkit round,
I'll pound out your GUI with a hundred thousand keystrokes,
And throw that GUI Builder down, Lord, Lord!
I'll throw that GUI Builder down.

Well John Henry hammered on his keyboard,
Till is fingers were bloody stumps,
And the very last words that were entered in his .blog were:
GUI Builders are for chumps, Lord, Lord!
Those GUI builders are for chumps.

--
Neil Cerutti