Python GUI?

Wolfgang Keller feliphil at gmx.net
Sat Sep 14 13:15:42 EDT 2013

> As complexity rises, though, I'd rather just code the creative parts
> of things, and not busy-code, which is what gui code becomes.  Much
> of it is boiler-plate, cut and pasted, etc.

If much of the code for a GUI is boiler-plate, busy-code etc. than I
would suggest that the framework is not really as efficient as it
should be.

In fact that's one of the issues I still have with Python: The language
in general is very efficient, allows to do a lot with very little code.
But all GUI frameworks that I had a look at seem to be not "pythonic"
at all in this regard. Except for PyGUI maybe, but that's far from being
as extensive as wxPython or PyQt. So for GUI applications, Python
doesn't seem to have any advantage over #§$%&! like C++ etc. concerning
code efficiency.

X-(

Sincerely,

Wolfgang