better and user friendly IDE recommended?

Joshua Landau joshua at landau.ws
Thu Sep 12 03:09:27 EDT 2013

On 12 September 2013 00:44, Ben Finney <ben+python at benfinney.id.au> wrote:
> mnish1984 at gmail.com writes:
>
> My main advice: Avoid non-free (that is, proprietary) software for your
> development tools. Learning a set of development tools is a significant
> investment, and you should not tie that investment to a single vendor;
> if they lose interest for whatever reason, your investment is stranded.

If the time learning a set of tools is enough to make the choice
between tools, I suggest avoiding, say, Vim.

I find that going for whatever makes you most productive is more
important than trying to minimise the learning time. Most software is
much easier to learn that Vim, if you have to replace it after 10
years or not.

YMMV.

---

OP, I suggest Sublime Text as an editor 'cause that's my editor so it
must be the best choice. It's no IDE, though, if it really matters to
you.