better and user friendly IDE recommended?

Ben Finney ben+python at benfinney.id.au
Wed Sep 11 19:44:35 EDT 2013

mnish1984 at gmail.com writes:

> Hey i am a programmer but new to python.

Welcome! Congratulations on finding Python.

> Can anyone guide me in knowing which is a better IDE used to develop
> web related apps that connect to DB using python?

The question of IDEs is a common one, and is a matter of aesthetics as
much as functionality.

Many of use use general-purpose development environments, which will
repay learning in much broader range of tasks than only Python
programming.

Here is a Wiki page on the topic, with discussions and reviews
<URL:https://wiki.python.org/moin/IntegratedDevelopmentEnvironments>.

My main advice: Avoid non-free (that is, proprietary) software for your
development tools. Learning a set of development tools is a significant
investment, and you should not tie that investment to a single vendor;
if they lose interest for whatever reason, your investment is stranded.

Free software is essential to ensure your tools can continue beyond the
copyright holders of today.

--
 \       “Corporation, n. An ingenious device for obtaining individual |
  `\       profit without individual responsibility.” —Ambrose Bierce, |