Help - Python syntax - repeats script through subordinate folders

BlueFielder bluefielder at gmail.com
Sat Sep 7 21:41:50 EDT 2013

I'm NOT a programmer…. but I have a little Python script that converts files, that are in a folder, from one format to another.

Script = fxp2aupreset.py

I can successfully run it from the command line:

1st, I placed the folder that I named 'ddd' on the desktop so that it's easy to get to.

2. Terminal : cd ~/Desktop/ddd

3. Then I run the script from terminal : python ./fxp2aupreset.py ./ aumu Alb3 LinP vstdata

It executes fine and does it's job.

BUT… I have per 7600 files that are segregated into 86 folders.
I want to keep this folder structure.

So, What I need the script to do is to start at the parent folder (ddd) and then go through each subordinate (child) folder and perform its task on all files.

I found this syntax on the web that is somehow supposed to do what I need:

for /r %a in (*.fxp) do example.py "%a"

BUT … I have no idea how to combine the syntax.

Could someone put this together for me please.
Something that I could just copy and paste into Terminal.
I would be most grateful.

Thank you very much!