Can I trust downloading Python?

Mr. Roboto mr.roboto.ny at gmail.com
Wed Sep 11 14:05:56 EDT 2013

On Saturday, September 7, 2013 9:17:46 PM UTC-4, Aaron Martin wrote:
> Hi, I am thinking about getting a software but it requires python, so that brought up a few questions. Is it safe do download python, and does it come with spam or advertisements? If it doesn't then should I get the latest version? I mostly want to know if it is safe to download, because most of the time downloading free stuff off the internet comes with spam and all that, so I want to know if I can trust downloading it.

Hope others find this article helpful and relevant:

http://www.eweek.com/developer/open-source-python-code-sets-new-standard-for-quality-study.html/?kc=EWKNLEAU09102013BESTOF2&dni=77668545&rni=22939981

A development testing company (Coverity) reports that the core Python platform has a very low number of source code defects and its developers effect repairs to known flaws very readily, as compared to other open-source projects.  I can't attest to the validity of the claim (one way or the other), but it is something worth noting....