Cannot form correctly the FORM part of the header when sending mail

feedthetroll at gmx.de feedthetroll at gmx.de
Thu Sep 5 08:18:26 EDT 2013

Am Donnerstag, 5. September 2013 13:20:23 UTC+2 schrieb Ferrous Cranus:
> Στις 5/9/2013 2:02 μμ, ο/η feedthetroll έγραψε:
>>> Yes, use/setup your own mailserver. Google will not allow you to send
>>> as ("i.e., From:") an arbitrary address besides the one you've
>>> authenticated as.
>> And again, you did not care to read / understand the answers you got.
>> So again: You are a troll.
>
> I'm perfectly awra of the answers given to me. I do car to read them and
> do care to udnerstand them.
>
> I need information on how to setup my own mail server
> i cannot even connect to my 'mail.mydomain.com' mail server like i do
> with GMail's.
And you can solve this promblem by asking "How can I change the FROM field with python?" (which was your last question in this context, after you read and understood the cited answers)? ... Good luck!

Beeing serious:
Which mailserver did you install? postfix, exim, sendmail, ...?
Check that and read its dokumentation how to configure authentication.
Then you can use it.
And if you get stuck: A python list is NOT THE RIGHT PLACE to ask questions about the configuration of mailservers. Find the correct list for your mailserver and ask there!

> So:
> server = smtplib.SMTP(localhost)
> doesn't help, i cannot efen connect to my localhost mail server form
> within my script.
See above.

> An alternative is needed, one that doesnt add up things as Sender but
> uses fROM field isntead.
No problem. Configure your own mail server the way you want it to work.

But remembering your attitude to security-things it would be better for us if you did NOT adminstrate a mailserver. We do not need another open relay.