Algorithm that makes maximum compression of completly diffused data.

Dan Stromberg drsalists at gmail.com
Wed Oct 30 15:29:35 EDT 2013

xz compression is pretty hard, if a little bit slow.  Also, if you want
really stellar compression ratios and you don't care about time to
compress, you might check out one of the many paq implementations.

I have a module that does xz compression in 4 different ways:
http://stromberg.dnsalias.org/svn/backshift/tags/1.20/xz_mod.py
It's only for smallish chunks in the ctypes version, because that was all I
needed.  The others should be able to handle relatively large inputs.