First day beginner to python, add to counter after nested loop

rusi rustompmody at gmail.com
Thu Oct 31 07:40:44 EDT 2013

On Thursday, October 31, 2013 4:42:15 PM UTC+5:30, Antoon Pardon wrote:
> Op 31-10-13 08:37, rusi schreef:

> > 2. Antoon: I was a bit surprised at your siding with the indentation business.
> > As an old-geezer programmer I can think of a number of reasons why,
> > indentation=structure is a problem. Thats a subject for another thread.

> You didn't expect me to be perfect, did you?

:-)

> What bothered me was that some
> poisoned by other languages" or "You will grow to love some python aspect".
> People can argue the advantages of how python does it, but my buttons get
> pushed when they do it in a way that suggest you are just not a true convert
> yet.

Ok fair enough.
It just seems to me that if (ever!) something like a guideline/code
for this list is made, one thing needed is that somethings are
negotiable some not.  In particular, python programs are what we discuss, PL design only at the fringes.

Especially when an absolute noob starts holding forth about python without having a clue, I feel the most fruitful lines is to not agree or disagree but to say: "Python programs are what we discuss here; not python. Please treat python as a given -- like the sun, moon and taxes."