Function for the path of the script?

Grant Edwards invalid at invalid.invalid
Tue Oct 29 10:31:28 EDT 2013

On 2013-10-29, Steven D'Aprano <steve at pearwood.info> wrote:
> On Mon, 28 Oct 2013 21:00:39 -0700, rurpy wrote:
>
>> This was pointed out before but since you said you ignore posts from GG
>> you probably missed it, and will probably miss this one too, and thus
>> continue to post bad information.
>>
>> This is a small but illustrative example of why such broad- brush
>> filtering is a bad idea.  But it is your choice.

[...]

> If you don't want to be associated with the typical GG posts, you
> have the choice to stop using GG. And just as you make the choice
> that the convenience of GG outweighs the annoyance of being filtered,
> I expect Grant has made the choice that the convenience of avoiding
> unwanted GG posts outweighs the risk of throwing out a useful post or
> two.

At the time I made that choice there was a significant problem with
spam being sent using GG posts.  I'm told that the list server
attempted to filter out those posts, but those of us who read this via
Usenet got the full broadside of ads and scams.  Based on the S/N
ratio of non-spam GG posts, the choice was pretty obvious.

--
Grant Edwards               grant.b.edwards        Yow! Edwin Meese made me
                                  at               wear CORDOVANS!!