Cookie fucking problem

Antoon Pardon antoon.pardon at rece.vub.ac.be
Mon Oct 28 03:13:48 EDT 2013

Op 28-10-13 00:26, Ben Finney schreef:
> Antoon Pardon <antoon.pardon at rece.vub.ac.be> writes:
>
>> Op 26-10-13 23:43, Ben Finney schreef:
>>> Feel free to occupy your time with baiting Nikos. But *do not* do it
>>> in this forum.
>>
>> Would you mind telling this to others too.
>
> I'm not in any special position of power here; I'm not beholden to
> address every instance of bad behaviour or none at all.

Fine. But if what people see, is that you address specific people
instead of specific behaviour then don't expect your addressing
to carry much weight.

> Any member of
> this community can apply the same social pressure, and together we can
> cover as many of them as we choose.

Yes and can be as effective as as a cow cathing rabbits.

> I have no particular objection to you responding to those instances of
> bad behaviour that I've omitted.

You are missing the point. I don't think it would be very effective if
I would start critisising people I don't like and wouldn't address the
same behaviour from people I am sympathic with. That would just turn
this group in tribal factions.

Personnaly I don't mind baiting but if I feel there grows some kind of
consensus that baiting is considered off limits I'll reframe myself
and may even help to enforce it. However when I see the addressing
of baiting is limited to specific people, then all I see is an
expression of personal dislike.

--
Antoon Pardon.