Will Python 3.x ever become the actual standard?

Kevin Walzer kw at codebykevin.com
Wed Oct 23 11:03:18 EDT 2013

On 10/23/13 7:57 AM, dufriz at gmail.com wrote:
> Years have passed, and a LARGE number of Python programmers has not even bothered learning version 3.x.

That's true for me. My own projects run just fine with 2.7.

I have no specific issue with 3.x, nor phobia of it, but my time as a
developer is limited, and I'd rather use it to add features to my apps
using the stable base of 2.7 rather than go through the headaches of
modifying my codebase to accommodate the differences with 3.x.

This is something that's On My List to Do Someday, but right now there's
no real upside to it for my apps. As long as 2.7 is supported, I'll
probably continue to use it.

--Kevin

--
Kevin Walzer