Python Front-end to GCC

Mark Lawrence breamoreboy at yahoo.co.uk
Fri Oct 25 16:36:42 EDT 2013

On 25/10/2013 21:11, Tim Delaney wrote:
> On 26 October 2013 06:18, Mark Janssen <dreamingforward at gmail.com
> <mailto:dreamingforward at gmail.com>> wrote:
>
>      > As for the hex value for Nan who really gives a toss?  The whole
>     point is
>      > that you initialise to something that you do not expect to see.
>       Do you not
>      > have a text book that explains this concept?
>
>     No, I don't think there is a textbook that explains such a concept of
>     initializing memory to anything but 0 -- UNLESS you're from Stupid
>     University.
>
>     Thanks for providing fodder...
>

> I know I'm replying to a someone who has trolled many threads over
> multiple years ... or as I'm now starting to suspect, possibly a bot,
> but I'll give him (it?) this one chance to show the capability to read
> and learn.
>
> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hexspeak
>
> Search for 0xBAADF00D; 0xBADDCAFE; and (in particular) OxDEADBEEF. These
> are historical examples of this technique used by major companies.
>
> Tim Delaney

I can't see it being a bot on the grounds that a bot wouldn't be smart
enough to snip a URL that referred to itself as a quack.

Mind you, the thought of a bot with a Ph.D. is mind boggling.  Must have
been an absolutely amazing sheep dip to have graduated from, but the
Bruces were incredible professors :)

Thanks for the link by the way.

But the best has yet to be invented.  Christian Tismer

Mark Lawrence