Python Front-end to GCC

Tim Delaney timothy.c.delaney at gmail.com
Fri Oct 25 16:11:02 EDT 2013

On 26 October 2013 06:18, Mark Janssen <dreamingforward at gmail.com> wrote:

> > As for the hex value for Nan who really gives a toss?  The whole point is
> > that you initialise to something that you do not expect to see.  Do you
> not
> > have a text book that explains this concept?
>
> No, I don't think there is a textbook that explains such a concept of
> initializing memory to anything but 0 -- UNLESS you're from Stupid
> University.
>
> Thanks for providing fodder...

I know I'm replying to a someone who has trolled many threads over multiple
years ... or as I'm now starting to suspect, possibly a bot, but I'll give
him (it?) this one chance to show the capability to read and learn.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hexspeak

Search for 0xBAADF00D; 0xBADDCAFE; and (in particular) OxDEADBEEF. These
are historical examples of this technique used by major companies.

Tim Delaney