Screenshots in Mac OS X

Pratik Mehta pratik.mehta13390 at gmail.com
Sat Oct 19 18:12:23 EDT 2013

Hi Guys,

Good Morning!
How are you all doing?

I am in need of your help.

I am stuck in a problem.

I want to write my own Screenshot Taking program in Python for Mac OS X.

Example : Whenever Command + Shift + 3 is pressed ==> whatever is there on the screen, should be grabbed / captured, and should be stored on my local with my own desired path, and name should automatically given as SnapshotX.. as in Snapshot1, Snapshot2, etc...

The same goes with Command + Shift + 4 ==> the only difference is that, it allows you to select a particular area to be captured / grabbed.

Command + Shift + 5 ==> This one is a little bit tricky which I am looking for. This shortcut doesn't exist. I want to create one of my own, where it would grab the entire webpage's screenshot which I am currently working on, and store the name as the webpage's link.

Thanks in advance for your kind help and time.

Thanks & Regards,
Pratts