Python was designed (was Re: Multi-threading in Python vs Java)

Christian Gollwitzer auriocus at gmx.de
Thu Oct 17 03:42:29 EDT 2013

Am 17.10.13 09:23, schrieb Peter Cacioppi:
> Do you have a clean little example of polymorphism being
> mocked in a reasonable way with pure C? There are many nice
> object-based C projects floating around, but real polymorphism? I
> think you can't do it without some bizarre work-arounds, but I'd be
> happy to be shown otherwise.

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/524033/how-can-i-simulate-oo-style-polymorphism-in-c/524076#524076

(Haven't tried to compile it, but I think there is an error in answer
#5, the this pointer must be cast to VTable* before calling).

C is reasonably close to OO thanks to its structs. Most language
constructs of C++ can be directly converted into C with just some more
typing effort. You will have problems with exceptions (setjump?),
templates (macros?) and RTTI.

	Christian