Python was designed (was Re: Multi-threading in Python vs Java)

Peter Cacioppi peter.cacioppi at gmail.com
Thu Oct 17 03:23:23 EDT 2013

> What you've said here is that "without polymorphism, you can't have
> polymorphism". :)

Respectfully, no. I refer to the distinction between object based and object oriented programming. Wikipedia's entry is consistent with my understanding (not to argue by wiki-authority, but the terminology here isn't my personal invention).

Your example of "polymorphism in a non OO" language makes my tired head hurt. Do you have a clean little example of polymorphism being mocked in a reasonable way with pure C? There are many nice object-based C projects floating around, but real polymorphism? I think you can't do it without some bizarre work-arounds, but I'd be happy to be shown otherwise.