Python was designed (was Re: Multi-threading in Python vs Java)

Grant Edwards invalid at invalid.invalid
Thu Oct 17 09:43:16 EDT 2013

On 2013-10-17, Mark Janssen <dreamingforward at gmail.com> wrote:
>> And your earlier idea that punched cards didn't have tokens is wildly
>> ignorant of the state of software and languages 50 years ago.
>
> Please tell me how you parsed tokens with binary switches 50 years
> ago.  Your input is rubbish.

Are you under the misapprehension that "punched cards" and "binary
switches" are the same thing?

Punched cards were just another meidium for source code or textual
data.  Each card was a line of text (either a line of source code or a
line of data).

--
Grant Edwards               grant.b.edwards        Yow! I know how to do
                                  at               SPECIAL EFFECTS!!