Python was designed

Piet van Oostrum piet at vanoostrum.org
Wed Oct 16 22:33:50 EDT 2013

Mark Janssen <dreamingforward at gmail.com> writes:

>> And your earlier idea that punched cards didn't have tokens is wildly
>> ignorant of the state of software and languages 50 years ago.
>
> Please tell me how you parsed tokens with binary switches 50 years
> ago.  Your input is rubbish.

With all due respect, Mark, your remarks are rubbish. Nobody talked about parsing input with binary switches except you. I answered that 40 years ago I wrote a parser generator that generated a parser for Algol 68 (and another one for Algol 60 I should have added). And all this was using punched cards.
--
Piet van Oostrum <piet at vanoostrum.org>
WWW: http://pietvanoostrum.com/