Cookie gets changed when hit comes from a referrer

Ben Finney ben+python at benfinney.id.au
Wed Oct 9 20:43:50 EDT 2013

Steven D'Aprano <steve+comp.lang.python at pearwood.info> writes:

> So, for the benefit of anyone, not just Nikos, who wants to learn
> about how browsers connect to web sites and how to run a web server,
> does anyone have any recommendation for tutorials, mailing lists, web
> forums or books which are suitable? Preferably things you have used
> yourself, and can personally vouch for being useful.

I learned a lot from reading the documents at the W3C, since they
defined the standards we all use <URL:http://www.w3.org/standards/>.
They are very well written and explain a lot about the architecture of
the Web.

> I'm pretty sure that *somebody* here has been in the position of
> needing to learn about running a website, and can point Nikos in the
> right direction (away from here). How did you learn?

Experiment, observation, and reference to standards.

> And if nobody is able, or willing, to answer? I've been in that
> position too, asking for help that nobody was able to give. It sucks,
> and you move on and do your best.

Right. What you don't do is disrupt a discussion forum by bombarding it
with off-topic requests; that's a quick way to get a community turn
against you.

--
 \         “I have yet to see any problem, however complicated, which, |
  `\      when you looked at it in the right way, did not become still |