Cookie gets changed when hit comes from a referrer

Denis McMahon denismfmcmahon at gmail.com
Tue Oct 8 15:29:44 EDT 2013

On Tue, 08 Oct 2013 19:04:37 +0300, Νίκος Αλεξόπουλος wrote:

> Can you help me with this particuler problem please?

Unfortunately I can't, because I am unable to reproduce the problem you
describe.

When I load my test page in the browser, then replace it with something
else by entering an address in the address bar and pressing return, then
use the back link followed by the reload one, I am back at my test page
with the original cookie value.

Of course, this is using my cookie etc code and mechanisms, and not
yours ....

Now, either it's an issue in your python implementation of cookie
handling which isn't happening in my implementation, or it's something to
do with the way that your system passes data around (cgi) that doesn't
happen in mine (mod_wsgi), or it's happening in the browser you're
testing in, but not in my browser.

Have you checked the cookie jar in the browser to see what value the
cookie has? Is that the value you think it should have? Note that
checking the cookie jar is a browser topic, not a python topic, so if you
don't know how to do that you're going to have to find the right place to
ask, WHICH IS NOT HERE!

Ideally you need to check what the server thinks it's setting the cooking
to, what the browser thinks it received as the cookie, and what the
server gets back afterwards to work out where the error is happening.

Denis McMahon, denismfmcmahon at gmail.com