Database statements via python but database left intact

Νίκος Αλεξόπουλος nikos.gr33k at gmail.com
Sun Oct 6 11:57:43 EDT 2013

Στις 6/10/2013 12:45 πμ, ο/η Zero Piraeus έγραψε:
> :
>
> On Sun, Oct 06, 2013 at 12:02:14AM +0300, Νίκος Αλεξόπουλος wrote:
>> I neved had though of than an engine type could make so much mess.
>> MyISAM is the way to go then for my web development?
>> Why InnoDB failed to execute the queries?
>
> Because you didn't commit. MyISAM doesn't support transactions, so when
> you use it as the engine, your mistake happens to go unpunished.
>
> Note that this is a weakness of MyISAM cancelling out a failure in your
> code; it does *not* mean that MyISAM is better suited to your task.
>
> By the way, Ned's right. At this point, this is no longer a Python
> issue, and is off-topic for discussion here.
>
>   -[]z.

Thanks Zero,

i will use con.commit() from now and on because yesterdays i lost 3
hours trying to identify what was wrong with my MySQL statements in
python and it turned out to be for no good reason.

--
What is now proved was at first only imagined! & WebHost
<http://superhost.gr>