Database statements via python but database left intact

Adam Tauno Williams awilliam at whitemice.org
Sun Oct 6 11:55:49 EDT 2013

>I neved had though of than an engine type could make so much mess.

Because your app and how it is written is broken.

>MyISAM is the way to go then for my web development?
>Why InnoDB failed to execute the queries?

No, nothing failed.  Your app is broken.  You are depending on auto commit - and that is a back end implementation detail.  DO NOT USE AUTOCOMMIT.

The newer engine is expecting you to do things the right way.  The old engine was sloppy and does serialization wrong - the reason there is a new engine.

--
Adam Tauno Williams