Database statements via python but database left intact

Zero Piraeus z at etiol.net
Sat Oct 5 17:45:13 EDT 2013

:

On Sun, Oct 06, 2013 at 12:02:14AM +0300, Νίκος Αλεξόπουλος wrote:
> I neved had though of than an engine type could make so much mess.
> MyISAM is the way to go then for my web development?
> Why InnoDB failed to execute the queries?

Because you didn't commit. MyISAM doesn't support transactions, so when
you use it as the engine, your mistake happens to go unpunished.

Note that this is a weakness of MyISAM cancelling out a failure in your
code; it does *not* mean that MyISAM is better suited to your task.

By the way, Ned's right. At this point, this is no longer a Python
issue, and is off-topic for discussion here.

 -[]z.

--
Zero Piraeus: vive ut vivas
http://etiol.net/pubkey.asc