Database statements via python but database left intact

Chris “Kwpolska” Warrick kwpolska at gmail.com
Sun Oct 6 08:01:26 EDT 2013

On Sun, Oct 6, 2013 at 1:36 PM, rusi <rustompmody at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Sunday, October 6, 2013 2:35:24 PM UTC+5:30, Chris “Kwpolska” Warrick wrote:
>> So, instead of this, maybe we should work on getting psycopg2 to the
>> top result on Googling “python sql”, or even “python mysql” with an
>> anti-MySQL ad? (like vim was doing some time ago on Googling “emacs”)
>
> Do you have any accessible data about this?
> Reasons I ask:
> 1. The decreasing popularity of emacs wrt vi seems out of proportion to the actual functionality
> 2. The downward emacs-curve is all the more striking considering the reverse situation some 15-20 years ago

I have a screenshot:
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/1933476/screenshots/emacs.png —
Dropbox claims it was taken at around 2011-03-19T11:32:24Z.  Earlier
today, the exact same ad appeared while searching for “vim”, but not
“emacs” (why bother when you are the first hit for this query
anyways?).

Now, for statistics, how many hits it got, or whatnot — go ask the Vim
developers.

--
Chris “Kwpolska” Warrick <http://kwpolska.tk>
PGP: 5EAAEA16