Database statements via python but database left intact

Adam Tauno Williams awilliam at whitemice.org
Sun Oct 6 11:52:11 EDT 2013

>>> Are you sure that you're committing your changes (either by having
>>> autocommit set or using an explicit con.commit() call)?
>>> http://geert.vanderkelen.org/dont-forget-the-commit-in-mysql/
>> I dont think that is the issue, because up until now i never used
>commit and
>> all transaction were successfully were happening.

Depending on autocommit is a bug [when does commit happen then?  consistency is a real problem].  Code should always explicitly ate least COMMIT or ROLLBACK if not explicitly BEGIN.  Not to mention how much easier it makes it to read the code and understand the units of work.

>Well, have you changed anything in your database configuration?

a big downside of autocommit - backend changes can break you app

--
Adam Tauno Williams