Database statements via python but database left intact

Ian Kelly ian.g.kelly at gmail.com
Sat Oct 5 16:31:04 EDT 2013

On Sat, Oct 5, 2013 at 1:36 PM, Νίκος Αλεξόπουλος <nikos.gr33k at gmail.com> wrote:
> Στις 5/10/2013 10:29 μμ, ο/η Zero Piraeus έγραψε:
>>
>> :
>>
>> On Sat, Oct 05, 2013 at 10:16:46PM +0300, Νίκος Αλεξόπουλος wrote:
>>>
>>> Excuse me for asking again today, but i see no error in the
>>> following code, yes no isertion or update happens into the database:
>>>
>>> [...]
>>>

>>> When this code runs i check instantly my database via PHPMyAdmin and
>>> i see that it was left intact.
>>

>> Are you sure that you're committing your changes (either by having
>> autocommit set or using an explicit con.commit() call)?
>>
>> http://geert.vanderkelen.org/dont-forget-the-commit-in-mysql/
>

> I dont think that is the issue, because up until now i never used commit and
> all transaction were successfully were happening.

Well, have you changed anything in your database configuration?
Whether MySQL uses transactions or not depends on which storage engine
is being used.  I suggest running a test insert with and without
commit to check whether you actually need it or not.

Also, are you certain that the code is actually being run?  Perhaps
the if condition is evaluating as false and the whole block is being
skipped, or perhaps the code is silently exiting for some reason
before it ever gets to this point.  Do some debugging to determine
what exactly is being executed.