JUST GOT HACKED

Chris Angelico rosuav at gmail.com
Tue Oct 1 18:15:31 EDT 2013

On Wed, Oct 2, 2013 at 12:24 AM, Daniel Stojanov <daniel.stjnv at gmail.com> wrote:
> 3) I'm a bit late to the party. Is Nikos a real sysadmin or is this some
> horrible inside joke I don't get?

He's a real sysadmin, in the sense that he has a system that he
administers - this isn't some elaborate prank that we collectively
pull on newcomers, no. His main problem is that he doesn't listen to
advice, even advice he specifically requests; so his server has, on
occasion, had major problems lasting a long time. What just happened
here, I think, is that he had a password accidentally visible, and
someone logged in as him. Tip: Learn from his mistakes, that'll save
you the pain of making them yourself :)

Fortunately, this sort of thing isn't all that common. Most of the
time we have much more in the category of "Python-related and real
good fun". Unless you absolutely detest Python and all that it stands
for, stick around - we're sure to have something more interesting than
this. :)

ChrisA